We Take Your Domestic Violence Charges As Seriously As You Do
Domestic violence charges often involve complex relationships, with either a romantic partner, a parent, a sibling or even a roommate. For many people, these issues are deeply personal, but when domestic violence charges have been filed, it is important to obtain the counsel of an experienced criminal defense attorney.
At Dusek Law, we have been providing personalized legal advice to individuals throughout North Dakota and Minnesota for more than 20 years. From our office in East Grand Forks, we defend clients who are facing domestic violence charges, helping them mitigate negative consequences on their lives and protect their rights.
Understand The Risks You Face
Whether you live in Minnesota or North Dakota, being accused of domestic violence comes with a range of potential consequences, both criminal and personal. They include:
- Misdemeanor or felony charges, a conviction for which could result in steep fines and jail time
- Having the alleged victim file an order for protection which could greatly limit your own access to your home and children
- Potential loss of child custody rights if you are currently going through a divorce or other family law dispute
- Loss of your right to possess a firearm (restrictions could last three years or longer)
- Consequences at work, including the loss of your job (which can occur based on charges alone)
- Damage to your reputation and standing in the community
As your attorneys, it is our job to protect your rights and prevent as many of these consequences as possible.
Personalized Attention And Advocacy Throughout The Legal Process
Defense attorney David Dusek works closely with clients, helping them understand the ramifications domestic violence charges can have going forward. Often, domestic violence charges are followed with an order for protection, which prohibits an individual from returning to his or her residence or trying to repair family relationships. We work with clients to find viable solutions to immediate needs and help them plan for the future.
Throughout the entire legal process, we are accessible to clients, answering calls and emails quickly. We take the time to thoroughly answer questions and discuss clients’ concerns, and always strive to keep them up to date on major developments in their cases.
Tell Us Your Story During A Free Consultation
To schedule a free initial consultation with experienced domestic violence lawyers serving clients throughout North Dakota and Minnesota, contact us online or call 800-681-2203.
We are available by telephone any time, day or night. Weekend and evening appointments are available upon request. We accept credit cards and offer payment plans for select cases.