A Probation Violation Can Lead To Jail Time
Whether you are facing charges in North Dakota or Minnesota, you might be placed on probation or parole. These benefits will always be reliant on following the terms or conditions to the letter. Violation of either probation or parole can lead to significant penalties that could impact your entire life.
At Dusek Law, we have more than 20 years of experience representing clients who are facing severe consequences. From our office in East Grand Forks, we are prepared to defend clients charged in both North Dakota and Minnesota. There are subtle differences between the two states:
- Probation violation in Minnesota: If the defendant is found to have violated the terms of his or her probation, the court will likely impose additional probation conditions or simply execute the sentence in full. Minnesota courts follow sentencing guidelines that detail what penalties follow depending on the severity of the offense and the criminal record of the individual.
- Probation violation in North Dakota: In North Dakota, the court procedure is similar for an individual accused of violating his or her probation. In these situations, people can be re-sentenced up to the maximum of the law.
Depending on the terms of your probation, a violation can occur if you:
- Fail a drug test
- Miss a meeting with your probation officer
- Commit a new criminal offense
- Fail to complete community service
If you have questions regarding the terms of your probation or parole, we encourage you to contact our office and speak with a lawyer.
Contact Dusek Law | Available 24 Hours A Day
At Dusek Law, evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. Our attorneys offer free initial consultations to prospective clients. Call us at 877-387-3524 or email the firm to schedule a consultation.