Experienced Defense Attorneys Serving North Dakota And Northwest Minnesota
At Dusek Law, a criminal defense law firm serving individuals throughout North Dakota and Minnesota, we deliver candid case evaluations, creative defense strategies and aggressive advocacy to every client we serve. Our proactive approach to defense representation allows us to anticipate and effectively counter the arguments made by the prosecution, protecting clients in negotiations and at trial.
At Dusek Law, we have been zealously advocating on behalf of clients for more than 20 years, representing them in cases involving a wide variety of charges, including:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Drug charges
- Assault and battery
- Property crimes
- Underage drinking
- Disorderly conduct
- Sex offenses
- Weapons charges
- White collar crime
- Other misdemeanors and felonies
We invite you to learn more about our practice by exploring this website or scheduling a consultation.
How Does Minnesota Classify Crimes?
The state of Minnesota has three tiers for criminal charges:
- Misdemeanors: The lowest level, misdemeanors can receive a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
- Gross misdemeanors: These charges can receive up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $3,000.
- Felonies: The most serious classification, felony charges can result in more than one year in prison. They can also result in fines of several thousand dollars.
We have defended thousands of clients in Minnesota, successfully getting charges dropped or reduced.
How Does North Dakota Classify Crimes?
Similarly, North Dakota has levels of severity for criminal charges. However, it organizes these levels slightly differently:
- Infractions: An infraction is a noncriminal charge such as a traffic offense that can result in a fine of up to $1,000.
- Misdemeanors: These charges can have a sentence of up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $3,000.
- Felonies: Like in Minnesota, a felony in North Dakota can result in life imprisonment without parole and a fine of up to $20,000.
Whether you face an infraction or a felony, you deserve the aggressive defense that we can provide.
How We Can Help You
We defend your rights thoroughly. For instance, we can determine whether you were the subject of an illegal search and seizure. We can also help you understand your rights, so you can make wise decisions about your defense. When you are interrogated, arrested or charged with a crime, you need a seasoned criminal defense attorney who will safeguard your rights, answer your questions and explain your options.
Contact Dusek Law | Available 24 Hours A Day
At Dusek Law, we are available by telephone any time, day or night, to ensure our clients have access to the legal representation they need in emergency situations. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact Dusek Law at 877-387-3524. Weekend and evening appointments are available upon request. We accept credit cards and offer payment plans for select cases.