Call Us First.
David D. Dusek
David D. Dusek is a trial lawyer and focuses his practice on criminal defense. He considers himself an attorney and a counselor. Mr. Dusek frequently finds himself helping clients avoid litigation through timely planning and creative solutions. His clients rely on his exceptional negotiation skills. He values timely and successful results and works diligently to achieve these goals for his clients.
Mr. Dusek is sensitive to the stress and anxiety that a criminal charge can bring to a person and their family. It is very important to him that his client knows that he has done everything possible to obtain the best outcome for his client.
Mr. Dusek is known for his ability to create practical and successful legal solutions for his clients using his extensive experience and legal knowledge. Regardless of the type of criminal charge you are facing, Mr. Dusek’s clients receive personal care and attention – his clients come first. He responds promptly to telephone calls, reports to clients regularly on case developments, and stays on top of changes in the law. He consults with his clients, listening carefully to their needs and objectives, while planning the appropriate defense strategy. His aggressive style and creative strategies makes him a valuable asset to your case.
Mr. Dusek has experience in hundreds of criminal cases, from routine traffic tickets to more serious matters of murder, criminal sexual conduct, drug, fraud, theft, DUI, assault, and many others. In some cases, Mr. Dusek’s efforts have resulted in outright dismissal of criminal charges-both before and during trial.
Mr. Dusek’s strengths lie in his preparation, investigation, motion practice, and trial preparation. In law school, he received the American Jurisprudence Award for his excellence in legal research and writing. He also enlists professional legal investigators and expert witnesses from across the country to assist in his client’s defense.
Mr. Dusek has continuously expanded his legal expertise through continuing legal education classes, workshops, researching changes in the law, and seminars involving criminal defense matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Juvenile Law
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate - 1992
- Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas
- B.S. - 1988
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- American Jurisprudence Award (Legal Research and Writing)
- North Dakota Adoption Advocate of the Year
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- North Dakota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Oklahoma State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Greater Grand Forks County Bar Association
- State Ambassador for North Dakota for the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, Present
- National College for DUI Defense, Present